HELP WITH JOB QUESTIONAIRE!?
Liam Asked: HELP WITH JOB QUESTIONAIRE!?
1. You are working at the front of the store meeting and greeting customers. A customer approaches you and asks for your help in getting a size that is not displayed, do you?
a. Ask the customer to go to the till point as we can order the item and they can get it delivered the following day.
b.Politely explain you cant leave the front of the store, but you will get another colleague to help them.
c.Help the customer by phoning the stockroom whilst smiling at Customers who are entering the store.
2. What should you wear to reflect a professional, business-like image within Next?
a.Smart trousers and smart top/shirt.
b.Dark leggings and a stylish jersey top.
c.Smart jeans and a fashion polo top.
3. You are on the Women's Shoe department and it has been very busy. There are gaps on the shelves as you have sold lots of shoes. Do you:
a. Concentrate on service as it has been very busy.
b. Make a list of the missing shoes and alert a Manager that you need to go and get replacements.
c. Make a list of the missing shoes and collect them from the stockroom the next time you are serving a customer.
4. You are helping a customer on the shoe department and you are on your way to the stockroom to get them a size. Two more customers also ask you for a shoe, what do you do?
a. Politely ask them to take a seat as you will be back in a minute.
b.Take a note of the shoes they want and collect them from the stockroom whilst getting the other customers shoes.
c. Ask another member of staff to come over and help you serve.
5. You are working at the fitting rooms. All the fitting rooms are being used by customers trying items on. There is stock on a rail that customers did not want which is waiting to be put back onto the sales floor. There are also customers requiring assistance, what do you do?
a. Serve the customers wanting help and alert a Manager that the fitting rooms are very busy and there is a lot of stock to be put out.
b.As the fitting rooms are busy your priority is to serve the customers.
c.Ask customers who are leaving the fitting rooms if they would mind putting back the stock they did not want.
6. A customer is trying on a suit, they leave the cubicle to show their partner their outfit, do you;
a. Let them have their privacy, if they need help they will press the bell to alert you.
b. Show an interest in what they are buying, possibly suggesting shoes or a shirt that would compliment their choice.
c.Remain close to the customer listening to see if their partner likes the suit. If they dont you are ready to step in to encourage them to change their mind.
7. Its the week after our end of season sale and you can see a customer approaching the till point with lots of items to return. Just behind that customer you can also see another customer wanting to purchase one item, do you;
a. Politely ask the customer returning the items if they would not mind if you serve the other customer first.
b. Serve the customer with the returns, they were first in the queue but do it very fast so you can get to the next customer.
c. Serve the customer who was first in the queue whilst making some general conversation as you process the return. After this is processed apologise to the next customer for their delay.
8. You are on your way to the staffroom for your lunch break and you notice that two customers are waiting at the till point on the Home department, do you;
a. Continue onto the staffroom as you dont want to be late for lunch and therefore disrupt the next persons lunch.
b. Quickly help on the tills as it will only take a minute to get the customers served.
c. Alert the Home department Manager that there is a queue.
Thanks, its for a stockroom assistant job at next, im in need of a job so any help would be great.
Do it yourself.
Not trying to be rude, but they are wanting you to answer with how you would react in certain situations so they know if you are right for the job or not.
i'm not being mean, but if you want anyone to read all that, for you,without getting paid…try getting a different job!
You should really be doing this yourself or you're only fooling yourself really..
But anyway.. This is my interpretation:
1. = A
2. = A
3. = A (only because serving customers comes before stocking up)
4. = A (you cant expect to juggle things or you just end up screwing things up…concentrate on one at a time)
5. = B (as said above, serving comes before stocking and calling a manager is usually only for more important stuff..im sure it will become less busy and you would be able to stock then.)
6. = B (As a sales assistant/stockroom assistant, your job is to ASSIST sales. In other words, help the process of purchase.)
7. = A (Usually i would ask someone else to jump on the tills, but since this isnt an option, this one is probably the best and most professional.)
8. = B (You are paid to work, therefore you work. Lunch is essential, however if this only takes a minute to serve some customers, lunch will still be available)
Hope this helps